Home » Archive by category "community" (Page 6)

Become the Leadership Cadre

This came my way in an e-mail. I have no idea who J.M. is or where else this is published, but thought it was worth sharing. I changed a word and inserted paragraph breaks for readability. It is long and targeted to a specific audience....

Continue reading »

lessons from Sandy

This came my way via e-mail. It is someone’s notes who lived through the aftermath of hurricane Sandy. We all need to be occasionally reminded that life is full of the unusual. While we may not be able to foresee with perfect clarity, we certainly...

Continue reading »

newspaper editor

“A newspaper has three things to do. One is to amuse, another is to entertain and the rest is to mislead.” — Ernest Bevin – British Foreign Minister This week’s Kuna/Melba news arrived containing an announcement seeking a new editor. Boy-oh-boy would I change a...

Continue reading »

handgun coaching

Last night I had one returning student and two new ones. I asked the one if he had been practicing his hand positioning. “A little. Not enough.” He keeps wanting to put his off thumb across the back of the gun instead of safely on...

Continue reading »

neighborhood posse

Neighborhood Posse Ada County, Idaho purpose, principles, bylaws Regardless of who holds the office of county sheriff, responsible adults have the right and responsibility to participate in the defense of, and emergency response of their neighborhoods. To this end, we join together forming mutual-aid clubs...

Continue reading »

neighborhood posse

At last night’s Lions Club meeting we discussed planning for next summer’s Kuna Days celebration. It will be the 50th annual, thus inspiring a lot of thought, excitement and conjuring up ways to make it the best ever. Unfortunately, providing “security” and, moreso, “ORDER” is...

Continue reading »

pick yourself up

One view says we lost the November 6th election. Some may figure it’s time to head for the hills, find a cave and live out their days in it. Others will simply plod along living on hope that their number doesn’t come up… that they...

Continue reading »

sheriff election results

I was unable to attract much money, media or active campaign team, yet thanks to my websites, facebook and personal appearances, I did pretty well in attracting votes in Idaho’s most populous county anyway. I learned a lot about modern media, web-hosting, HTML and such...

Continue reading »

vote

Ted Dunlap for Sheriff It is so much easier and safer than the other way to earn your freedom. for more information

Continue reading »

Statesman endorsement

The Idaho Statesman, owned by the 3rd largest periodical publisher in the world, unsurprisingly endorsed the incumbent sheriff. I have asked them to publish this response: As one of two candidates for Ada County Sheriff, I met with the Idaho Statesman editorial board. Confident they...

Continue reading »

Ada sheriff candidate

The Kuna Melba News asked for 400 words describing who Ted Dunlap is and why he is running for Ada County Sheriff. This is my response: Ted Dunlap, 63 years old, semi-retired, current business called “The Fixer” because my best talents are coming up with...

Continue reading »